Our Best Selling Oxygen Cages For Pets
The Buster ICU Oxygen Cage is the preferred method for administering extended oxygen therapy to your pet at home.
The Best-Selling Oxygen Cage for Pets
The Buster ICU Oxygen Cage is used in thousands of veterinary clinics and homes across the country to administer extended oxygen therapy to pets including dogs, cats, puppies, kittens, and exotics. In this article, we’ll talk about some of key features and factors when deciding on an oxygen cage for your pet.
Do You Need A Pet Oxygen Cage or a Portable Oxygen Kit?
When considering a home oxygen setup for your pet, the first step is deciding if you need an Oxygen Cage, which is designed for longer-term oxygen therapy, or if you need a Portable Oxygen Kit. Oftentimes, the answer is both!
Many pets have conditions that require a short duration of “rescue” oxygen, rather than long-term oxygen therapy. Conditions like collapsing trachea, laryngeal paralysis, and heart failure often result in acute respiratory distress. A Portable Oxygen Kit allows you to manage the situation at home and/or support your pet with oxygen on the way to professional care.
Oxygen cages like the Buster ICU Oxygen Cage are designed to provide longer-term oxygen therapy, which could be anywhere from a few minutes to hours. Pets with conditions like pneummonia, lung cancer, and pulmonary hypertension are frequently recommended for oxygen therapy via an oxygen cage.
The best way to determine the right option for your pet is to review our products with your veterinarian.
Deciding on a Pet Oxygen Cage
So you’ve decided that you need a pet oxygen cage. There are a few different options available online, but many of them do not include all of the equipment and essential safety features required to safely provide oxygen to your pet. When deciding on the product that’s right for you, consider the following:
- Does it have a way to prevent carbon dioxide and heat buildup within the oxygen cage? If not, you could be exposing your pet to a dangerous environment within minutes of putting them in the cage.
- Does it have a way to set the oxygen level inside the cage? If not, your pet may be at risk of oxygen toxicity (i.e. too much oxygen, or not getting enough oxygen.
- Has the cage been laboratory tested? If not, how has it been proven to be safe for your pet?
- Does the supplier give recommended oxygen flow rates for the oxygen cage? The oxygen, carbon dioxide, and heat levels are all affected by the oxygen flow rate produced by the oxygen source.
Non-Veterinary Approved Oxygen Cages
These are examples of non-veterinary approved oxygen cages that are commonly found online. These products do not provide any method for setting the oxygen levels in the cage or reducing heat and carbon dioxide. Our in-house tests with a canine model showed dangerous levels of carbon dioxide after just 5 minutes in the cage. We do not recommend using these products.
Features That Make The Buster ICU Oxygen Cage Safe to Use
There are several reasons why the Buster ICU Oxygen Cage is the preferred choice for extended home oxygen therapy.
- You can control oxygen, carbon dioxide, and heat levels with the Venturi System (included with every Buster ICU Cage).
- Robust build quality and designed for veterinary clinics
- Our customer service team provides individualized attention and care to ensure you are using the Cage appropriately to provide oxygen to your pet
The Venturi System Controls Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, and Heat Levels
The Venturi System mixes room air with the oxygen source in order to set the oxygen level to the user’s choice. This system multiplies the total airflow, which disperses carbon dioxide, heat, and humidity to ensure that your pet is safe and comfortable.
Robust Build Quality
The Buster ICU Oxygen Cage is designed to veterinary standards and is intended to be used for oxygen therapy sessions of varying durations. It consists of a durable metal frame that supports a high-quality fabric shell. The fabric shell is made of a clear material. This allows your pet to have greater visibility while they are receiving oxygen therapy, making them more comfortable. A cushioned mat is also included.
Superior Customer Support from a Team of Experts
Our products have been used in thousands of homes across the US and Canada. As a result, our support team has seen (and heard) it all. We are here to assist you with any questions you may have and to help walk you through setup. We can even communicate with your veterinarian to help ensure your pet is getting the best care possible.
If you have any questions about using an Oxygen Cage for pets please give us a call at (855) 699-4366 or use live chat on our website! Our team is here to support you, and to help provide your pet with the best possible care.